Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Woodstock of our times


SASQUATCH and I go a long way back. Well, no, I haven't actually gone to the Sasquatch! Music Festival, ever, but I have fantasized about doing so for the longest I can remember. My desire got stronger and stronger since sophomore year of college, when my roommates went and I couldn't go. Mostly, it was because it's always been too expensive for me to go. Tickets cost about $160/person for the entire 3 days and a camping pass is at least $95. Then, you add the cost of  driving and food and other expenses over the three days and you can easily get close to $500, plus a second ticket for Dorel, close to $700. And it takes place at the end of May, close to when I'm always ready to leave for Romania. Since my trip to Romania is my biggest expense of the year --but also my most important trip--there is little left to choose. *sigh* 
BUT, I can dream. (besides, things can change over night...all we need is a big video/photo contract and....voila! we could both go!).




This image has always made me dream of Sasquatch. I would love to lay in a pool of people and tune out to the music; to drink with friends and float around, fly high and forget about all else; it looks as if all those people are sitting at the very top of the world. It's so beautiful! 

Plus, the indie bunch. Have you seen this year's line-up??
Saturday, May 23th
Kings of Leon / Yeah Yeah Yeahs / The Decemberists / Animal Collective / Bon Iver / M. Ward / Doves / Sun Kil Moon / The Gaslight Anthem / King Khan & The Shrines / Ra Ra Riot / Shearwater / Passion Pit / Mt. St. Helens Vietnam Band / Vince Mira / Blind Pilot / Owl City / Arthur & Yu / Dent May & His Magnificent Ukulele / Death Vessel / Hockey / James Pants / Todd Barry / Tim & Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! / People's Republic of Komedy

Sunday, May 24th
Jane's Addiction / Nine Inch Nails / TV On The Radio / of Montreal / The Avett Brothers / Calexico / M83 / The Airborne Toxic Event / The Walkmen / The Wrens / St. Vincent / The Dodos / John Vanderslice / The Submarines / Viva Voce / The Builders And The Butchers / AA Bondy / Fences / Point Juncture, WA / The Red Wine Boys / Zach Galifianakis / Deadmau5 / Natalie Portman's Shaved Head / People's Republic of Komedy / Devotchka

Monday, May 25th
Ben Harper and Relentless7 / Erykah Badu / Silversun Pickups / Fleet Foxes / Gogol Bordello / Santigold / Grizzly Bear / Explosions In The Sky / Girl Talk / Blitzen Trapper / The Knux / Monotonix / Bishop Allen / Black Moth Super Rainbow / Beach House / Mugison / The Dutchess And The Duke / School Of Seven Bells / Horse Feathers / The Pica Beats / Loch Lomond / BLK JKS / Demetri Martin / God's Pottery / Chromeo / Tobacco / People's Republic of Komedy


Did you wet your pants already? I did... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment